Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Most Ridiculous Comment on the Blackhawks "Official" Message Board


Since I have made my way back to being an avid follower of the Blackhawks again, I have also had the opportunity over the past year to read the message boards over at the Blackhawks official homepage.

I don’t need to go on any long spiel about how outrageous a lot of people on message boards are because everybody knows this. I try to stay away from reading those boards as possible; it’s just way too frustrating to read what some people say on there. However, I always find myself there because, believe it or not, there are a few people who do have an idea of what they are talking about. Most of the time, though, they are drowned out by all the idiots who love to rip players, blame everyone and panic after each and every loss.

I’ve been around hockey enough to know when a team plays great, good, mediocre, bad and downright abysmal (Trust me, my high school team won a combined 10 games my last two years, I know). It’s a sport and every team is going to have games in each of those categories every year. Why do I bring this up? Mainly because, yes, the Blackhawks, for the most part last night, played pretty mediocre. There were some bright spots, but, mostly mediocre. However, people tend to forget (or not realize or refuse to admit) that they played on the road against a team who has yet to lose a game in regulation (currently the Wild sit at 6-0-1). Is it possible that the Wild are good, possibly really good this year? The Hawks are young (3rd youngest) and it’s something I will return to many times this year. Should they make the playoffs? Yes. Should they win the Cup? No.

So where am I going with this? Because I regretfully find myself on the message boards at some point almost every day, I’m going to introduce a new segment to this new blog: “Most Ridiculous Comment on the Message Board.” I don’t think it really needs much more explaining. So without further ado, I give you today’s most ridiculous comment:

“Campbell is an albtross on defense and he will be the downfall of the team. It is possible this is the worst signing by the Hawks and might make the top three in the NHL.”

I don’t even know where to start. It’s comments like this that get me very frustrated, but I think pointing them out to others to take in may just help ease my frustration.

No comments: