Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Winter Classic Seating Chart and Prices Announced

Just got news that the NHL has released the seating chart and prices for the 2009 Winter Classic at Wrigley Field. There are only three sets of prices and one undetermined price (for limited view seating) and they are as follows: $325, $275, $75. For clearer information regarding where those prices correspond where seats are, see the picture below:



It also appears that partial season ticket holders (like myself) are not included in the pre-public sale purchase (if there even is a public sale). I am somewhat upset, but at the same time, do understand the need to put Blackhawks, Red Wings and Cubs (because it’s their building) full season ticket holders before people like my friends and I.

As for my thoughts on the whole pricing and seating chart, I am not a big fan. Chances are, it’s probably going to be really cold. I know the odds of me scoring good seats at face value are slim and I definitely do not think it’s worth $600-$1000 to sit in the better seats. If I were able to get my hands on a bleacher seat at $100 or less, then yea, I’ll probably go. Outside of that, I’d rather save the ridiculous sum it is going to cost to sit in a semi-decent seat and use it for airfare, hotel and ticket accommodations for Notre Dame’s bowl game in a warm climate in January. Yes, the Winter Classic at Wrigley is a once in a lifetime event. But I’d rather watch the game on HD television in my warm apartment or listen to it on the radio from a beach in Florida/Arizona/California than pay a greedy ticket scalper $600 to freeze my butt off. Sure, I won’t get to say “I was there,” but that’s no big deal. I’m looking more forward to the day when the Hawks win the Cup at the UC and 20 years after, I can say “I was there.”

No comments: