Thursday, November 6, 2008

Adam Burish Avoids Suspension


Late in the 3rd period during Monday night's 6-2 victory over the Quebec Nordiques Colorado Avalanche, Adam Burish appeared to have left the bench during a skirmish along the Blackhawks bench. According to NHL rules, when a player leaves the bench, it usually requires and automatic 10-game suspension. However, Burish had just completed a line change when he stepped back onto the ice and avoided throwing any punches towards any Avs players. Apparently, that was sufficient enough evidence for the NHL only to slap Burish with a fine. Burish made special mention of teammate Andrew Ladd pulling him back into the bench during the altercation, an act that may have ultimately saved Burish from missing 10 games.

"I'll grow from it, but at the same time it's part of who I am, it's part of how I play," Burish said. "That situation is one where I shouldn't have done that."

I'm happy to hear he won't be missing any time. I know some people have their qualms with Burish, but I think he plays his role nicely.

Via: Chicago Tribune

No comments: